In 2011, Vector Marine Electronics, Ltd completed, on own initiative, a research work on development of the software prototype of Shipborne Informative Navigation System (SINS) intended for fishing vessel navigators to solve the following tasks:
- keeping an Electronic Catch Book;
- preparation and sending of electronic ship daily reports;
- information-logical analysis of fishing data to define the most favorable sea conditions for fishing operations in the chosen fishing area;
- recommendations related to safe passage of fishing vessels when operating fishing gear.
The SINS-ECB versions can be offered both on basis of a Russian or foreign rugged notebook or on basis of Simrad chart plotters/multifunction displays (NSO/NSE.).
Vector invites Russian and foreign investors for solving a wider range of problems, such as:
- modification of the SINS-ECB prototype software to maintain reporting system in NEAFC adopted format;
- manufacture of a preproduction model of the SINS –ECB;
- model testing and assessment of its applicability and integration with the fisheries monitoring system;
- series production;
- Det Norske Veritas (DNV) certification;
- international sales.